Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts Connect Does Not Work

I am trying to submit a podcast for review for the first time. I have read the tutorial, and it says to visit podcastsconnect.apple.com to use the dashboard to submit a podcast. However, every time I enter that url it reroutes me immediately to itunesconnect.apple.com. This does not have an option for podcasts as it is only for apps, media, and books. It is very frustrating since all of the videos and tutorials on this topic make it seem like a fairly straight forward process. What am I missing?

MacBook Air, iOS 11.2.2

Posted on Jan 14, 2018 9:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2018 6:43 PM

Hi everyone. I had the same problem. I contacted apple support and they told me I needed to enable my apple id. Attached is a screenshot of the email I received from support. Apparently mine had not yet been enabled. It seemed to solve my issue and I have been able to log in to podcasts connect ever since. Hope this helps!User uploaded file

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2018 6:43 PM in response to recklessengamerment

Hi everyone. I had the same problem. I contacted apple support and they told me I needed to enable my apple id. Attached is a screenshot of the email I received from support. Apparently mine had not yet been enabled. It seemed to solve my issue and I have been able to log in to podcasts connect ever since. Hope this helps!User uploaded file

Feb 14, 2018 9:27 PM in response to recklessengamerment

Hello Everyone,

We had this issue as well. I solved by signing into iTunes on my phone. The desktop doesn't recognize you as an official iTunes user, you must do this on your phone if you have an iPhone. Once you log in with your podcast information, it will verify it and validate it. Then you'll have access to Podcast Connect. I hope it works for everyone. Good luck!

Jan 25, 2018 2:41 PM in response to recklessengamerment

I am having the same problems. I have several podcasts that I maintain and cannot access them via the normal dashboard that should be available when logging into podcast connect. Frustrating - and Apple is showing no help for this. Hey - this is affecting my work and cannot perform a task that even the podcasting guides tell us to do. Apple support please let us know and fix.

Feb 15, 2018 4:19 AM in response to recklessengamerment

I figured out my issue. The rerouting to iTunes Connect isn't the problem. For me it was that iTunes did not have a Credit Card for the Apple ID I was using on file at iTunes Store. Once I did that suddenly what I was seeing when I logged in was completely different and looked like what all of the how-to articles and people here say they are used to seeing. Hope this helps some of you!

Feb 27, 2018 9:23 AM in response to recklessengamerment

I have had a ticket open with Apple since Feb 3 and they are unable or unwilling to fix it. Apparently there's been a ticket opened with engineering but absolute radio silence from them. Pretty frustrating. I'll report back if I hear anything positive.

For the record, I have had the same credit card associated with my iTunes account for years and it still works, so that's not an issue (initial troubleshooting requested I remove my CC info and re-add in iTunes on the mac. That was impossible given I have active subscriptions (AMusic, for one)). Also signed out and signed back into iTunes/App Store on my iPhone. Still no joy.

Mar 30, 2018 7:30 PM in response to alecfromtaylors

So, interesting followup/resolution here:

I just called used the apple support website to have them call me, I waited on hold for 3 minutes, talked to the Apple support rep, and then tried it from my wife's phone.

It worked.

It worked! For the first time since I can remember! After WEEKS of tinkering.

Here's the really interesting part. The support rep told me that I was the FIFTH caller today who had the same thing happen; they called for the same issue, and the second they got on the phone with him, it started working. He didn't make a single change.

This makes me think that something in Apple's system "touches" or "fixes" corrupt data on my AppleID profile when a support case is initiated against my AppleID. Who knows. I'm going to keep an eye on it closely over the next few days, but for now, we're set!

If all else fails, call Apple and pray!

Podcasts Connect Does Not Work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.