Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you switich login info for same provider? I need to use a different login email for xfinity.

How do you switich login info for same provider? I need to use a different login email for xfinity.

Posted on Jan 15, 2018 5:52 PM

15 replies

Jan 16, 2018 5:13 AM in response to rfink

Yes talking about TV Provider. There should be a way to re-enter your login info. As Plan_9 said, the iPhone does not ask for login credentials when you log out and back in. Where is the original info being stored. I don;t believe this would be a Xfinity problem as Chris suggested, but I can be wrong. Anyone have any luck?

Jan 16, 2018 8:08 AM in response to Plan_9

Okay, I went into Settings, and checked in the TV Provider area. At the top, there is a link "About TV Providers & Privacy. After reading through this, it appears that information is linked to applications for you to be able to access content that is provided to apps through the provider. It also mentions iCloud Keychain if you are using it. It seems that it may save this information on the iPhone only. It discusses logging out of the feature, and the ability to disable individual apps. Since this is not an actual app, you do not have the option to delete the app which would also delete the data associated with it.

In looking at the additional information, I found something interesting, however I did not test it. When you go to the provider, it indicates what apps are allowed access. I'm a Directv customer, so the only app listed for mine is the Directv app. Access for that app can be turned off here. I also went back to Settings and looked for the Directv app. That lists what the app has access to, and TV Provider is listed. You can turn it off there as well. However, that is not the part that interested me. There is also a setting for Clear Login @ Startup. I'm guessing here, since I don't really want to go through all of this to test it, that would require logging into the app again, and I wonder if logging out of the TV Provider and then attempting to open that app while the Clear Login switch is on if it would clear everything.

Otherwise, I'm not sure of any other method. I've identified Keychain and this other switch. Now I don't use Keychain, so I'm not sure what it might do. I cannot seem to find any additional reference. I cannot seem to find anything in the iPhone User Guide as well. Seems I may have initially misunderstood exactly what you wanted, and I thought you were speaking about logging into the Xfinity app and not the TV Provider listing in Settings. If you were speaking about the Xfinity app, then it may take care of things by using the Clear Login switch I referenced for the Directv app, if that exists for the Xfinity app. Hope that some of this helped.

Jan 16, 2018 1:47 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

No dice. Xfinity doesn't have an app like Directv does that I can find. I do not have anything in keychain either. I wonder if Reset Network Setting would work.

Thanks for you help. Any other suggestions anyone? The login info has to be stored somewhere.

Some more background info: when I try to verify an app on a firetv (sorry not apple tv 😉) and login with safari on my iPhone, when i select my provider, Safari automatically logs in I cannot enter the login info. IS something stored in Safari? Where?

Jan 16, 2018 2:00 PM in response to rfink

You have the ability to save passwords in Safari, I know that. I would think that Resetting network settings could work, but I can't be sure if that would affect this issue. However at this point, you have nothing to lose. I wouldn't know what else to try at this point, since I've not had to try this. But if you go to TV Provider, what is listed under Allow TV Provider to Access?

Jan 19, 2018 8:25 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Have the same problem. Have tried removing tv provider and adding, signing out of itunes and icloud, even reset the apple tv to factory settings but when I choose a tv provider it still doesn’t ask me to sign in. Even if I am signed out of icloud and itunes. It’s like it is somehow stored permanently. All I want to do is change my f@$king email address for comcast. I initially set up the appletv at work to test it out now my work comcast seems to be stuck as the apple tv wont give me an option to re-enter my comcast credentials for my home account. Or at least I can’t figure out how. What a cluster.

Jan 20, 2018 7:39 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

The apple tv has the exact same problem, I personally think it is related to the iPhone since the iPhone is used to initially setup the apple tv and if somehow we can figure out how to remove the credentials from the other apple devices that would also solve the problem.

Btw, this is the only thread I can seem to find addressing the issue on any Apple device.

Thanks for the suggestion to contact Apple Support, I would have never thought of that.

Jan 20, 2018 7:48 AM in response to Mzegeek

I appreciate your sarcasm, but when you cannot find a thread that matches your problem, then you start one of your own. This would get more views if you posted in the Apple TV forum, rather than the iPhone forum. I just wanted to make sure that you got the most support you could here, especially since this is a user to user forum. People with expertise in the Apple TV do not generally spend time in the iPhone forum. The suggestion to contact Apple Support was because despite the time spent here troubleshooting this, a solution was not found, so the next step would be Apple Support. I hope you are able to get a resolution to your problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.