Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos disappeared from photos on imac

I had about 600 photos in different files on photos on my imac. Now all but one of the files are empty. I can find the photos in the icloud photo app but have no idea how to get them back to the photo app . Any ideas? thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jan 15, 2018 7:25 PM

1 reply

Jan 16, 2018 1:32 PM in response to debifromlisle

Hey debifromlisle,

I can see from your post that a considerable amount of photos have disappeared from your Photos app. I know how concerned I would be if my photos were no longer available on my computer, but good thing you're able to see these photos in your iCloud. Just to confirm, are you using Mac OS X Lion on your iMac? If so, then it sounds like you should have My Photo Stream enabled. The links below may be able to help recover these photos.

Get help with My Photo Stream

I don't see any photos in the My Photo Stream album in Photos, iPhoto, or Aperture

If you turned on iCloud Photo Library, you can find your My Photo Stream photos from your other devices in the All Photos album. If you didn't turn on iCloud Photo Library and you don't see photos in the My Photo Stream album, follow these steps:

1. Make sure that your Mac has an active Internet connection. Without Internet, updates to My Photo Stream won't appear in Photos, iPhoto, or Aperture.
  2. From your Mac, choose System Preferences > iCloud. Make sure that you use the same Apple ID as your other supported devices.
  3. Open Photos, iPhoto, or Aperture. Then choose Preferences > iCloud (or Photo Stream).
  4. If you're using Photos, iPhoto 9.4 or later, or Aperture 3.4 or later, make sure that My Photo Stream is selected. Then, if you want all future iPhoto or Aperture photo uploads to also upload to My Photo Stream, select Automatic Upload.
  5. If you're using iPhoto 9.2.2 through 9.3.2, or Aperture 3.2.3 through 3.3.2, select Enable Photo Stream and Automatic Import.

My Photo Stream FAQ

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best

Photos disappeared from photos on imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.