Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Nano (7th Gen) Bluetooth compatible headphones

Hello--I recently got a pair of J Lab Audio Epic Air truly wireless Bluetooth headphones as a Christmas gift. The manufacturer recommends a 40 hour burn in period for their headphones to fine tune and optimize the drivers in each separate ear bud. Once I completed the burn in, I started using the headphones with my iPod Nano (7th Gen) that has the Bluetooth (4.0) built in. Once, I paired the headphones, they played for about 10 minutes and auto powered off. After repeating this a couple of times, I called the manufacturer and I was told the Epic Air are not compatible with my iPod Nano. Their headphones required Bluetooth 4.2 (even though their specs indicated BT 4.1). Their website also states the Epic Air are compatible with iPod Shuffle, Touch and Nano. Their suggestion was to contact Apple to see if the Bluetooth on my Nano could be upgraded to BT 4.2. I laughed and said that is not likely to happen since Apple is discontinuing production of iPods, which is really sad. I love the convenience of listening to music or podcasts on my iPod Nano. I don't want music or podcasts hogging the memory on my phone (android).

What I am looking for, is anyone successfully using wireless Bluetooth headphones with a iPod Nano (7th Gen)?

Jam Audio has indicated their Jam Ultra Bluetooth use BT 4.1 and are backwards compatible to BT 4.0. Apple support has indicated Jaybird Freedom 2, Powerbeats3, UrBeats and Bose Wireless all are compatible. I am not a Bose fan, so those are out. And I really prefer totally wireless, and not the type that have a cord running between the left and right earbud.

If you have used wireless Bluetooth headphones successfully, I would appreciate your input and thoughts.

Thank you in advance.

iPod nano (7th generation), Windows 7

Posted on Jan 17, 2018 10:15 AM

There are no replies.

iPod Nano (7th Gen) Bluetooth compatible headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.