Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music not syncing with phone

Apple Music on my iPhone is not syncing. If I add a song/playlist/album on my iPad, MacBook or iMac it does not appear on my iPhone. It has been fine until this last week.

I have ensured I am signed in on iCloud and iTunes. I have logged out and back in. I have logged out reset the entire phone to factory settings and set it up again and logged back in and it still does not work.

Any ideas?

Posted on Jan 17, 2018 12:38 PM

4 replies

Jan 18, 2018 3:33 PM in response to hamope

Hello hamope,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that music you add to a song/playlist/album on your other Apple devices do not show up on your iPhone. What you are describing sounds like iCloud Music Library may not be turned on for the iPhone. The following article has information on how to turn iCloud Music Library on and how it works across devices:

Get help with iCloud Music Library - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Jan 22, 2018 3:52 PM in response to hamope

I have the same issue with iPhone and iCloud Music Library. A fix that I found (reading old discussions) is to simply perform any change on the music library on your iPhone, even just creating (and removing) an empty playlist: that would trigger a sync to iCloud Music Library (for past items set up from a different device) as well.

Jan 22, 2018 10:44 PM in response to sterling r

Another possible fix found from another thread (without changing iPhone library): turn on (then optionally back off) the check under Settings / iTunes & App Store / Use Cellular Data; that triggers an immediate refresh of iCloud Music library on iPhone (getting updates from server). Apparently the issue is a glitch of an iOS update.

Apple Music not syncing with phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.