Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adobe CS6 on High Sierra

High Sierra released over 3 months ago and in fact 10.13.2 is apparently the latest version. According to Roaring Apps and MacRumors, Adobe CS6 (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.) will run just fine on HS but is anyone successfully running it on their machine without any hiccups or tweaks? According to this post, 10.13.1 worked for them but 10.13.2 isn't and that is the current version out there... I will upgrade from Sierra based on your advice.

User uploaded file

Posted on Jan 17, 2018 2:41 PM

15 replies

Jan 22, 2018 3:46 PM in response to speedster2005

I understand that maybe hovers are the only thing as I could live with that - because Adobe CS6 seems to be a 32-bit app and Apple seem to be pushing those out with OS upgrades... I would hate to go through all the hoops only to find out it doesn't work reliably.. hence wondering if anyone who uses it a decent bit has seen any issues, thanks!

Feb 2, 2018 6:30 PM in response to !cultOfApple

Photoshop CS6 is 64 bit, CS5 gave you the option to open in 32bit or 64bit.

Only thing that I notice about CS6 is when using the Camera RAW interface the tool tips which appear on hover do not disappear after a couple of seconds which leads to screen clutter. Normal Photoshop screen this does not happen.

To avert this click on Photoshop> Preferences> Interface> and unblock Show Tool Tips.

It works and its lovely.

Feb 1, 2018 2:34 PM in response to !cultOfApple

I just bought a MacBook Pro running High Sierra. My CS6 runs, but Adobe will only let it work in a TRIAL mode. Huh? I've paid for the CS6 software, and I have no interest in paying again through a subscription model.

Is there a way to get CS6 (especially Photoshop) to work in High Sierra in fully authorized mode, is it did in Sierra? Otherwise, it'll be adios to Adobe Photoshop, I reckon.

Wide open to wisdom from wiser folks.

Mar 24, 2018 9:15 AM in response to !cultOfApple

I really wish I'd looked this up before 'upgrading' my old Mac to Sierra-anything. Photoshop 6 (hanging on as long as I can) is running very very slowly. Just about EVERYTHING spins the little thinking ball. Sometimes so long I get up and leave. I might delete this OS and go back. But will I be able to install 6 again? :-(.

Adobe CS6 on High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.