Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Separate combined jpeg and RAW files

I recently decided to use Photos and iCloud to manage and store my photos instead of DropBox. After importing all of my photos into Photos, I have some pairs of RAW and jpegs that appear as separate files and some that appear to be combined into a single file with a J or an R in the upper right hand corner. What I would like to know I can separate the combined files, especially if I want to delete one and keep the other, plus how to combine the separated ones.

Mac mini, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Jan 17, 2018 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2018 8:46 PM

As to the separated one - you can not, something is keeping Photos trom seeing them as a pair, could be date/time differeinces, file name differendcs, many things

as to separating the pair, there is no simple way but this user tip explains how to to it -- Deleting RAW files from RAW&JPEG pairs in Photos for Mac

LN

1 reply

Separate combined jpeg and RAW files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.