Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error Message "Payment method was declined"

It just happened recently. I couldnt buy music in itunes, buying a paid apps, buying in-game purchase all because my iphone requests an update on my billing information. I updated the required field with my debit card and this error message appeared instead:

"your payment method was declined. To make this purchase, provide a new payment method for your Apple ID"

I tried everything I could which includes: Sign out from apps store, sign out from my apple id, restarting my iphones several times. Not only that, I called BIBD call centre and I did what they suggested and it still wont work. I double check my debit card and all the information that I included in the biling information was correct. I am using a Brunei apple ID account to connect to apps store.

So Im kinda stuck... I would gladly appreciate some help to tackle around this issue. Thank you so much.User uploaded file

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 11.2.2

Posted on Jan 18, 2018 5:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2018 4:06 PM

I have found the solution to this matter.

First off, thanks for everyone for helping me out. So what i did, I contacted Itunes Support and they replied to me (surprisingly fast!) that my itunes account was linked to another itunes account and that there was still unpaid apps in that other account. So I knew it was my wife’s account since we did family sharing before. However I checked her Purchase History and there was no unpaid apps... so what i did, i clicked on the “remove” tab under “Cloud in this device” for both my itunes acc and my wifes’. Then I signed out and signed in her itunes acc then I tried update her billing info with my current BIBD account and still no luck. I thought about this for a minute to which I then realized that BIBD doesnt charge any purchase under USD1 and I realized that my wife once made a purchase of her favorite song (USD 0.69). So that might be the culprit. Knowing the issue, I contacted BIBD support centre and they suggested me to use vCard account and when I updated my billing acc with my vCard account, it worked like charm for both my wife and my itunes account. My huge thanks to itunes support for guiding me to resolve my troubles!! =D

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2018 4:06 PM in response to anchovy251

I have found the solution to this matter.

First off, thanks for everyone for helping me out. So what i did, I contacted Itunes Support and they replied to me (surprisingly fast!) that my itunes account was linked to another itunes account and that there was still unpaid apps in that other account. So I knew it was my wife’s account since we did family sharing before. However I checked her Purchase History and there was no unpaid apps... so what i did, i clicked on the “remove” tab under “Cloud in this device” for both my itunes acc and my wifes’. Then I signed out and signed in her itunes acc then I tried update her billing info with my current BIBD account and still no luck. I thought about this for a minute to which I then realized that BIBD doesnt charge any purchase under USD1 and I realized that my wife once made a purchase of her favorite song (USD 0.69). So that might be the culprit. Knowing the issue, I contacted BIBD support centre and they suggested me to use vCard account and when I updated my billing acc with my vCard account, it worked like charm for both my wife and my itunes account. My huge thanks to itunes support for guiding me to resolve my troubles!! =D

Error Message "Payment method was declined"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.