Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X disabled when running in the rain

Hi,

I have a problem with my new iPhone X. For years I have been running with an iPhone in my pocket to log my run. Recently I got an iPhone X and initially had no problems using it on my regular runs. Recently I ran in the rain and when I took the iPhone X out of my soggy wet pocket it was completely disabled and I had to connect to iTunes and do a total restore.

Next few runs in dry weather no problem. Then I ran in the rain again and same issue.

I know how to recover from it by restoring the iPhone, however I would really like to know if there is a way to stop this from happening. I have tried turning off 'Raise to Wake' prior to staring my run, thinking that perhaps this might help, but it did not.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and is there a solution ?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

cheers

Peter

iPhone X

Posted on Jan 18, 2018 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2018 9:06 AM

The iPhone X is water resistant and not waterproof. It should be able to withstand a quick dunk in the bathtub or a little bit of rain but being in a "soggy wet pocket" for the duration of a run could be too much for the iPhone to handle. If you're going to be running in the rain I would suggest getting a waterproof pouch.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2018 9:06 AM in response to pgray

The iPhone X is water resistant and not waterproof. It should be able to withstand a quick dunk in the bathtub or a little bit of rain but being in a "soggy wet pocket" for the duration of a run could be too much for the iPhone to handle. If you're going to be running in the rain I would suggest getting a waterproof pouch.

iPhone X disabled when running in the rain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.