Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to follow artist on Apple Music (iOS)

On iTunes, you are able to follow an artist, while on the iOS devices this seems not be possible, correct?

I've already reported this to Apple Feedback, but I just wanted to be 100% sure.

iPhone X, iOS 11.2

Posted on Jan 18, 2018 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2018 5:08 AM

Thanks for the instruction, but unfortunately the Connect button is not available for me. Running latest iOS on my iPhone X and iPad Pro 10.5 and the MORE menu is the same for me. Language: Swedish.

See screenshots

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

2 replies

Jan 19, 2018 12:35 PM in response to DjTaym

Hello DjTaym,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. I see you'd like some assistance following an Artist in Apple Music on your iPhone. I'm happy to help.

Please take a look at the steps and link below:
  • On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Tap User uploaded file, and then tap "Follow on Connect User uploaded file ."
  • On a Mac or PC: Click User uploaded file, then select Follow.
  • On an Android phone: Tap User uploaded file, then tap " User uploaded file Follow on Connect."

After you follow an artist, any new posts that they make automatically add to your Connect Posts. Find Connect Posts at the bottom of the For You tab in the Music app or in the Connect tab of For You in iTunes.

You can follow an artist even if you don't have their music in your library.

Use Connect in Apple Music

Have a wonderful day!

How to follow artist on Apple Music (iOS)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.