Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AU Net Send/Receive not working?

I seem to be running into this exact same problem:

AU Lab AUNetsend/Receive

I am trying to send audio from my Studio Mac to my MacBook Pro. But AU receive is stuck on "connecting". The Macs are wired via ethernet, talking to each other beautifully, I'm sending midi over a network connection which is working really well. The Bonjour name I gave the sending Studio Mac is showing up in the net receive plug on my laptop and when I click connect it just says "connecting..." and nothing is coming through.

It's a bug isn't it? This appears to have been a problem since 10.12.x

This is why I hate upgrading OS's.....it's maddening. If anyone knows of a solution I'd be a very happy fellow.

Posted on Jan 19, 2018 3:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2018 2:51 AM

AuNet send/receive appears to work fine in High Sierra.

Sadly there are so many still so many shortcomings with the latest OS that I would recommend you to wait.

It's perfectly ok if it's a testing computer, but it really isn't ready for audio production or other more demanding work.

I can confirm that it isn't working properly from Sierra to Sierra using network names but it does work perfectly using the IP-address instead.

These are the revised steps to get it to work.

1. On the sending computer, create a password.
  2. On the receiving computer: Click the + button to create a new host connection.
  3. Set display name to whatever you like.
  4. Set the IP-address and Port to <IP>.local:52800 (i.e. 10.0.1.100:52800)
  5. Use the password you created in step 1.

Good luck.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2018 2:51 AM in response to Rohan Stevenson1

AuNet send/receive appears to work fine in High Sierra.

Sadly there are so many still so many shortcomings with the latest OS that I would recommend you to wait.

It's perfectly ok if it's a testing computer, but it really isn't ready for audio production or other more demanding work.

I can confirm that it isn't working properly from Sierra to Sierra using network names but it does work perfectly using the IP-address instead.

These are the revised steps to get it to work.

2. On the receiving computer: Click the + button to create a new host connection.
  4. Set the IP-address and Port to <IP>.local:52800 (i.e. 10.0.1.100:52800)

Good luck.

Jan 19, 2018 8:05 AM in response to Rohan Stevenson1

You need to know the network name of your sending computer.

Then follow this:

4. Set the Name and Port to <yourcomputer>.local:52800 (i.e. studio.local:52800)

Now you should be able to connect.

Hope that helps.

Jan 22, 2018 1:05 AM in response to Cuauhtemoc

Hi Mate,

Thanks a lot for your help - sorry for not replying sooner but I have been trying and trying...restarting checking firewalls etc etc.

It doesn't work using your steps still - it gets stuck at "connecting" just like using bonjour. I have upgraded to High Sierra in the hope that that fixes the issue. The laptop is primarily for testing so I don't mind too much taking the risk with it....all reports of High Sierra for audio work is pretty dreadful, but I am fairly sure I'll me ok in the main. I'll report back if I manage to get it going.

Jan 22, 2018 3:38 AM in response to Cuauhtemoc

Hi Mate,

Thanks a lot for your help - sorry for not replying sooner but I have been trying and trying...restarting checking firewalls etc etc.

It doesn't work using your steps still - it gets stuck at "connecting" just like using bonjour. I have upgraded to High Sierra in the hope that that fixes the issue. The laptop is primarily for testing so I don't mind too much taking the risk with it....all reports of High Sierra for audio work is pretty dreadful, but I am fairly sure I'll me ok in the main. I'll report back if I manage to get it going.

This was supposed to have been posted. I tried using bonjour on High Sierra - it still isn't working. However using your revised steps it has worked.

You're bona fide legend mate. Thanks again.

Jan 23, 2018 6:13 AM in response to Cuauhtemoc

No I tested it from High Sierra to El Capitan - and bonjour did not work. I am traveling but could try HS to HS when I return.

Unless Uppsala naturally produces Master of LP (maybe the sunshine there or something) - Could it be that we possibly know each other? I know only one other person from that part of Sweden and he too has your vast knowledge of Logic 😉

AU Net Send/Receive not working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.