Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

redirect yahoo mail junk to inbox?

I suddenly have email that used to come to my inbox now going to junk. I use yahoo mail with my iMac. How do I fix?

iMac

Posted on Jan 19, 2018 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2018 2:58 PM

Hey cbo111!

I can definitely appreciate how incorrectly marked emails could complicate things, so let's get that straightened out. The first thing I'll need to make sure is that you're signed into your Yahoo account using the stock Mail application, and that we're not talking about some Yahoo Mail app or external client. If it's the latter, you'll need to reach out to the Yahoo Support team so they can check it out.

If it's the former, try the steps outlined here:

There are several ways you can prevent Mail from incorrectly marking legitimate messages as junk.

• Tell Mail that a message is legitimate by marking it as not junk. Click Not Junk in the banner of the message; or select the message, then click the Not Junk button User uploaded file in the Mail toolbar (or use the Touch Bar).

• Add the sender to the Contacts app. For more information, see Use events, contacts, and other items found in emails.

• Review your junk mail settings in the Junk Mail pane of Mail preferences, as well as any rules you might have created to handle junk mail, and make changes as necessary.

If junk mail filters aren’t working in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

That should prevent emails from this sender being re-routed to your junk folder moving forward, but let me know if it doesn't quite work out that way.

Cheers!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2018 2:58 PM in response to cbo111

Hey cbo111!

I can definitely appreciate how incorrectly marked emails could complicate things, so let's get that straightened out. The first thing I'll need to make sure is that you're signed into your Yahoo account using the stock Mail application, and that we're not talking about some Yahoo Mail app or external client. If it's the latter, you'll need to reach out to the Yahoo Support team so they can check it out.

If it's the former, try the steps outlined here:

There are several ways you can prevent Mail from incorrectly marking legitimate messages as junk.

• Tell Mail that a message is legitimate by marking it as not junk. Click Not Junk in the banner of the message; or select the message, then click the Not Junk button User uploaded file in the Mail toolbar (or use the Touch Bar).

• Add the sender to the Contacts app. For more information, see Use events, contacts, and other items found in emails.

• Review your junk mail settings in the Junk Mail pane of Mail preferences, as well as any rules you might have created to handle junk mail, and make changes as necessary.

If junk mail filters aren’t working in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

That should prevent emails from this sender being re-routed to your junk folder moving forward, but let me know if it doesn't quite work out that way.

Cheers!

redirect yahoo mail junk to inbox?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.