Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

possible damage/issues when replacing battery at Apple store?

I am scheduled to replace my battery today but when i was at Apple they seem to have a way out in case they screw it up by asking $299 for replacement if "damage is found inside, i.e. water damange"

i know my phone is in really good shape because i paid full retail and took really good care of it. If replacing the battery will make it worse in any way (i.e. less sealed for moisture) i am not sure its worth it.

and i sure as **** won't pay $299 to get the same phone back.

has anyone had a bad experience like that? is the phone a little less moisture safe after the replacement?

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Jan 19, 2018 6:52 AM

5 replies

Mar 3, 2018 9:45 AM in response to mickrzarek

mickrzarek wrote:

I've had a very similar problem.

See this thread: Is this really Apple's repair policy?

I was told that Apple will not return a phone unless it's at a 100%

Suddenly a £25 battery replacement would have cost £255.

As I say in the post above, " My daughter is now the proud owner of an Apple brick"

I don't think they really care about cosmetic damage. However, the one thing that was made clear to me when I asked was that if there's any glass damage it will cost their screen replacement fee. They simply can't put it back in place without a fully intact piece of glass.

Jan 19, 2018 9:44 AM in response to sonicraf

It's pretty much standard for them to tell you that they will charge the full replacement price if internal damage (such as water damage) is found. If the person repairing your phone causes damage, you will only need to pay the price of the battery. Unless you know that your phone has been exposed to liquids, there is little risk in getting your phone repaired. There is a standard, well-defined process for repairs that should not cause any damage if performed correctly. The last time I had a battery replaced it certainly felt they were being condescending when explaining this, but it's just to make sure that you understand.

Mar 2, 2018 11:19 AM in response to sonicraf

My iPhone6 is working great except the battery, so I made an appointment to replace my iPhone6 battery today, but got declined because of the same reason. According the Apple representative, Apple does not allow them to replace the battery when iPhone has water damage. They offered me $299 for repair or upgrade to a new iPhone. Before I made an appointment to replace my battery, I had been thinking about either switching to another brand or sticking to my iPhone 6 (I like iPhone, but X is too xxxx). Now they help me make my decision.

possible damage/issues when replacing battery at Apple store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.