Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warning Error: 'iCloud Drive may not work properly...Couldn't Communicate with a helper application' - MacBook Air (2015); High Sierra 10.13.2

Hello everyone!

I'm seeking community help after dealing with Apple support more than once to no avail. I keep getting the following alert message pane as soon as I turn on my device and constantly while working. The alert has the warning pop up: 'iCloud Drive may not work properly. Please check the iCloud preference pane. Couldn't communicate with a helper application'. In the terminal, I have attempted to clear the cache using the "$ sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force" command and I have a host of additional warning errors in the terminal such as:

update_dyld_shared_cache: warning @rpath install name for system framework: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AssetCacheServicesExtensions.framework/Versio ns/A/XPCServices/AssetCacheTetheratorService.xpc/Contents/Frameworks/MobileDevic eKitLite.framework/Versions/A/MobileDeviceKitLite

update_dyld_shared_cache: warning @rpath install name for system framework: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/BiometricKitUI.framework/Versions/A/Biometric KitUI

update_dyld_shared_cache: warning @rpath install name for system framework: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/BroadcomWLAN.framework/Versions/A/BroadcomWLA N

update_dyld_shared_cache: warning @rpath install name for system framework: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/WirelessDiagnosticsSupport.framework/Versions /A/WirelessDiagnosticsSupport

update_dyld_shared_cache: warning @rpath install name for system framework: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/BookKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/BookK itFoundation.framework/Versions/A/BookKitFoundation

update_dyld_shared_cache: warning @rpath install name for system framework: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SetupAssistantSupport.framework/Versions/A/Se tupAssistantSupport

update_dyld_shared_cache: warning @rpath install name for system framework: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Swift/libswiftDemangle.dylib

update_dyld_shared_cache: warning @rpath install name for system framework: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Swift/libswiftRemoteMirror.dylib

update_dyld_shared_cache: i386 incorporating 626 OS dylibs, tracking 1047 others, building closures for 252 executables

update_dyld_shared_cache: x86_64h incorporating 1258 OS dylibs, tracking 1773 others, building closures for 2100 executables

update_dyld_shared_cache: warning: i386 adding dependents to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Assistant.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Assi stant Plugin.ibplugin/Contents/MacOS/Assistant Plugin: required dylib '@rpath/InterfaceBuilderKit.framework/Versions/A/InterfaceBuilderKit' not found, needed by '/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Assistant.framework/Versions/A/Resources/*** istant Plugin.ibplugin/Contents/MacOS/Assistant Plugin'

update_dyld_shared_cache: warning: x86_64h adding dependents to /System/Library/BridgeSupport/ruby-2.3/bridgesupportparser.bundle: required dylib '@rpath/libclang.dylib' not found, needed by '/System/Library/BridgeSupport/ruby-2.3/bridgesupportparser.bundle'

update_dyld_shared_cache: warning: x86_64h adding dependents to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Assistant.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Assi stant Plugin.ibplugin/Contents/MacOS/Assistant Plugin: required dylib '@rpath/InterfaceBuilderKit.framework/Versions/A/InterfaceBuilderKit' not found, needed by '/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Assistant.framework/Versions/A/Resources/*** istant Plugin.ibplugin/Contents/MacOS/Assistant Plugin'

update_dyld_shared_cache: warning: x86_64h adding dependents to /System/Library/QuickLook/Audio.qlgenerator/Contents/MacOS/Audio: required dylib '/Library/Frameworks/iTunesLibrary.framework/Versions/A/iTunesLibrary' not found, needed by '/System/Library/QuickLook/Audio.qlgenerator/Contents/MacOS/Audio'

Does anyone have anyone have any solution(s) to this?
Please note: I am using Alfred 3 over Spotlight and I have an external USB 3.0 Seagate 4TB HDD drive connected that I use in conjunction with the 128GB (IMO is too inadequate even for an entry-level user and should be abolished in future MacBook products to at least 512GB SSD storage with 8GB RAM) and a Sandisk 16 GB SD card that is inserted, but contains nothing.
This has got to be dealing with High Sierra and I know it. I've had my share of problems since blindly switching early on, but this has been devastating since I made the now regrettable switch to OS High Sierra. FYI: I can't wait for 10.13.3 to get out of beta. I will also post this in the High Sierra forum. Please help. Thanks!

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015), macOS High Sierra (10.13.2), 8GB Ram; 128GB Storage Intel

Posted on Jan 19, 2018 9:13 AM

2 replies

Feb 22, 2018 12:18 PM in response to Ghetto_Geek

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. Also try the Safe Mode.

Safe Mode - About El Capitan
also Sierra

Safe Mode Startup – El Capitan. also Sierra

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Feb 21, 2018 8:10 PM in response to Ghetto_Geek

SAME ISSUE HIGH SIERRA

My problem is almost exactly the same as yours. I have the same frameworks popping up when update_dyld_shared_cache. I am installing Little Snitch at the moment and it won't go past "Updating boot caches." I don't know if the Little Snitch is causing the problem or it is just in conjunction. Some help would be very appreciated.

Pro:AMPED mrrobot$ update_dyld_shared_cache

update_dyld_shared_cache: warning @rpath install name for system framework: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AssetCacheServicesExtensions.framework/Versio ns/A/XPCServices/AssetCacheTetheratorService.xpc/Contents/Frameworks/MobileDevic eKitLite.framework/Versions/A/MobileDeviceKitLite

update_dyld_shared_cache: warning @rpath install name for system framework: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/BiometricKitUI.framework/Versions/A/Biometric KitUI

update_dyld_shared_cache: warning @rpath install name for system framework: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/BookKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/BookK itFoundation.framework/Versions/A/BookKitFoundation

update_dyld_shared_cache: warning @rpath install name for system framework: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/BroadcomWLAN.framework/Versions/A/BroadcomWLA N

update_dyld_shared_cache: warning @rpath install name for system framework: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SetupAssistantSupport.framework/Versions/A/Se tupAssistantSupport

update_dyld_shared_cache: warning @rpath install name for system framework: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Swift/libswiftDemangle.dylib

update_dyld_shared_cache: warning @rpath install name for system framework: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Swift/libswiftRemoteMirror.dylib

update_dyld_shared_cache: warning @rpath install name for system framework: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/WirelessDiagnosticsSupport.framework/Versions /A/WirelessDiagnosticsSupport

update_dyld_shared_cache: i386 incorporating 628 OS dylibs, tracking 1046 others, building closures for 252 executables

update_dyld_shared_cache: x86_64 incorporating 1258 OS dylibs, tracking 1767 others, building closures for 2080 executables

update_dyld_shared_cache: warning: i386 adding dependents to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Assistant.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Assi stant Plugin.ibplugin/Contents/MacOS/Assistant Plugin: required dylib '@rpath/InterfaceBuilderKit.framework/Versions/A/InterfaceBuilderKit' not found, needed by '/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Assistant.framework/Versions/A/Resources/*** istant Plugin.ibplugin/Contents/MacOS/Assistant Plugin'

update_dyld_shared_cache: warning: x86_64 adding dependents to /System/Library/BridgeSupport/ruby-2.3/bridgesupportparser.bundle: required dylib '@rpath/libclang.dylib' not found, needed by '/System/Library/BridgeSupport/ruby-2.3/bridgesupportparser.bundle'

update_dyld_shared_cache: warning: x86_64 adding dependents to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Assistant.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Assi stant Plugin.ibplugin/Contents/MacOS/Assistant Plugin: required dylib '@rpath/InterfaceBuilderKit.framework/Versions/A/InterfaceBuilderKit' not found, needed by '/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Assistant.framework/Versions/A/Resources/*** istant Plugin.ibplugin/Contents/MacOS/Assistant Plugin'

Warning Error: 'iCloud Drive may not work properly...Couldn't Communicate with a helper application' - MacBook Air (2015); High Sierra 10.13.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.