Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Workout app on watch not working

I have an Apple Watch 3 running OS4.2. When I start an activity in the workout app on the watch it does the countdown then it immediately jumps back to the “home” page of the app. All I can do is scroll from one activity to another. The exercise does get recorded in the activity app just no workout data. Any ideas?

Apple Watch Series 3, iOS 4.2

Posted on Jan 19, 2018 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2018 12:56 PM

Hi

Whilst I can't say that is happening, it may help to follow these steps:

If you have not yet done so, also update your iPhone to the latest software:

Close certain apps and then restart (normally) both your iPhone and your Apple Watch:

If you have previously used any third-party fitness tracking, sleep tracking or heart rate monitoring apps, then check whether there is an active or paused session within any of them.

• If there is, then end that session from within that app on your Apple Watch.
  • If in doubt, it may help to remove any such third-party apps from your Apple Watch, at least temporarily.

If the issue persists, then it may help to unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch:

If the issue persists, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2018 12:56 PM in response to MTKnight

Hi

Whilst I can't say that is happening, it may help to follow these steps:

If you have not yet done so, also update your iPhone to the latest software:

Close certain apps and then restart (normally) both your iPhone and your Apple Watch:

If you have previously used any third-party fitness tracking, sleep tracking or heart rate monitoring apps, then check whether there is an active or paused session within any of them.

• If there is, then end that session from within that app on your Apple Watch.
  • If in doubt, it may help to remove any such third-party apps from your Apple Watch, at least temporarily.

If the issue persists, then it may help to unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch:

If the issue persists, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

Workout app on watch not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.