Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I copy a photo in Photos and paste into Word or Power Point

How do I copy a photo in Photos on my Mac and paste into Word or PowerPoint document

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Jan 19, 2018 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2018 4:57 AM

Dear LarryHN

This is crazy! I love the throw-away line 'you don't!' - meaning 'you can't' - meaning 'the software is useless'. I always used to be able to copy and paste (and drag and drop) from iPhoto, and now nothing works. Even with the 'option' key (unhelpfully labelled 'alt') I can get a nice green circle with the plus sign in it showing the successful movement of the image, but then releasing the mouse the photo just jumps straight back to where it was.

The only way that works for me is the hugely unhelpful creation of a completely new folder into which I export the jpeg and then I can get the photo from there! Life was easier on my original Apple ][e! Where has all the functionality gone? Where is the 'Copy' option on the menu? Nowhere!

Your phrase "or use the media browser (in every import/attach/upload window) near the bottom of the source list under media ==> PHotos ==> Photos" is completely opaque to me. Can you explain that? Maybe that might help me.

Meanwhile I'm cursing myself for upgrading to Photos from iPhoto. One cannot even change the headings on the Photos listings...

Can you advise a decent photo library system for Mac? All I need is something that will store my photos, that I can organise under the headings that I want, that I can index and from which I can cut and paste and drag and drop...

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2018 4:57 AM in response to LarryHN

Dear LarryHN

This is crazy! I love the throw-away line 'you don't!' - meaning 'you can't' - meaning 'the software is useless'. I always used to be able to copy and paste (and drag and drop) from iPhoto, and now nothing works. Even with the 'option' key (unhelpfully labelled 'alt') I can get a nice green circle with the plus sign in it showing the successful movement of the image, but then releasing the mouse the photo just jumps straight back to where it was.

The only way that works for me is the hugely unhelpful creation of a completely new folder into which I export the jpeg and then I can get the photo from there! Life was easier on my original Apple ][e! Where has all the functionality gone? Where is the 'Copy' option on the menu? Nowhere!

Your phrase "or use the media browser (in every import/attach/upload window) near the bottom of the source list under media ==> PHotos ==> Photos" is completely opaque to me. Can you explain that? Maybe that might help me.

Meanwhile I'm cursing myself for upgrading to Photos from iPhoto. One cannot even change the headings on the Photos listings...

Can you advise a decent photo library system for Mac? All I need is something that will store my photos, that I can organise under the headings that I want, that I can index and from which I can cut and paste and drag and drop...

Jan 20, 2018 1:12 PM in response to janfromwi

Which version of Word and PowerPoint do you have?

I can copy and paste from Photos 3.0 to a Word document or onto a PowerPoint slide, but only im Word 15.41 or PowerPoint 15.41 or newer.

Older versions of Microsoft Office may not be compatible with Photos and do not allow copy and paste of photos from a Photos Library. If you are still using Microsoft Office 2011, it will not work.

How do I copy a photo in Photos and paste into Word or Power Point

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.