Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move to iOS - Messages lost timestamps

Hi Folks,

just moved my messages from an Android 5 phone over to an iOS 11 phone. I used the Move to iOS app to transfer all those SMS and it resulted in a big mess, because all conversations as well as every single message now carry the timestamp of the copying process, which took place today at 00:27.

To me, this defeats the purpose of taking my message archive with me and it would be interesting to know if others have had the same problem or even solved it somehow.

Posted on Jan 19, 2018 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2018 8:18 AM

Just in case anyone has the same issue: I solved it by ending all my apps on Android and restarting the phone - also did the same on the iPhone and then restarted the process. I juxtapose the phones on a table, disconnected them from mobile data and didn't touch anything during the transfer. Somehow that did the trick.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2018 8:18 AM in response to flixflux

Just in case anyone has the same issue: I solved it by ending all my apps on Android and restarting the phone - also did the same on the iPhone and then restarted the process. I juxtapose the phones on a table, disconnected them from mobile data and didn't touch anything during the transfer. Somehow that did the trick.

Move to iOS - Messages lost timestamps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.