Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No service, No ICCID, carrier settings flashing up intermittently

Hi there,

I've been having a problem recently with my phone 6s, one night it stopped having cell service. Many reboots, refreshes and resets later, it came back. Unfortunately it's happened again and my phone is once more useless.

Normally when I open settings, I have airplane mode, wifi, bluetooth, mobile, data and carrier; now, the carrier option is missing, however occasionally flashes up. (iPhone problem - YouTube) When I open settings -> general -> about, there is no ICCID number, this however reappears when I put the phone into airplane mode.

IOS is up to date, tried with both current public release and the beta 11.2.5.

Carrier setting are up to date.

Sim card works no problem in other iPhones, both same model and 5/5s

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.2

Posted on Jan 20, 2018 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2018 9:28 AM

Just because the SIM works in other devices does not mean it is okay. I suggest you take the device to your carrier and see about a new SIM. If that does not help, then you need to make a Genius Bar appointment at the nearest Apple store to have the hardware checked. Since you have restored the device already, then there is no other user troubleshooting you can do. Apple needs to examine the hardware. They will explain your options after that.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2018 9:28 AM in response to willantirocks

Just because the SIM works in other devices does not mean it is okay. I suggest you take the device to your carrier and see about a new SIM. If that does not help, then you need to make a Genius Bar appointment at the nearest Apple store to have the hardware checked. Since you have restored the device already, then there is no other user troubleshooting you can do. Apple needs to examine the hardware. They will explain your options after that.

No service, No ICCID, carrier settings flashing up intermittently

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.