Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music 1 year subscription NOT what it seems

On January 17, 2018 I purchased and activated a 12 month Apple Music subscription for $99.00. However my settings state that the subscription will not begin until January 2019. Until then I must continue paying $9.99 a month for the same service. I called Apple Music support and they basically said that is how it worked.

I did not buy a card in January 2018 in order to wait a year before I could use it. I want to use it beginning when I activated it. This is pure BS. Suggestion - do not waste your time and money on service like this.

iPad (5th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Jan 20, 2018 11:22 AM

9 replies

Jan 20, 2018 2:12 PM in response to JohnnyAngel

It means you can cancel it now, but still continue to access it from now until Jan 21, 2019. Not that it starts then.

Your current subscription has started and the next renewal begins on January of next year as expected.

i.e If you cancel now, its already been paid for and as such you can continue to access it until it ends next year, and it won't be renewed then.

Jan 20, 2018 2:40 PM in response to JohnnyAngel

I think the glitch there is it has not updated the subscription type to reflect it being the annual option and instead continues to show it as $9.99 monthly

As it stands its currently active, and expires on January 2019. Which is correct for a 1 year subscription.

I don't believe there is anything wrong, with the subscription, rather just the text showing up there.

Beyond contacting iTunes support again, it doesn't appear there's much to do. The only way I see to test this is to wait until February 20th and see if it charges you again.

Other than that, it just appears to be a text glitch with the description. But the expiry date is still correct which is the more important item.

Apple Music 1 year subscription NOT what it seems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.