Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error code 4SNS/1/40000001: IDOR-0.000

I was getting the following message: Unable to run diagnostics DEC500 from OS recovery

The computer kept restarting by itself, with that message always appearing.

I tried a bunch of things with keyboard. I think holding down the r key pulled up "Apple Hardware Test."

I ran extended testing and got the error code above: 4SNS/1/40000001: IDOR-0.000

I'm not sure but think my computer is now out of warranty. Anything I can do, other than taking it in for service?

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jan 20, 2018 11:29 AM

3 replies

Feb 11, 2018 10:52 AM in response to corpgov

corpgov wrote:

I was getting the following message: Unable to run diagnostics DEC500 from OS recovery

The computer kept restarting by itself, with that message always appearing.

I tried a bunch of things with keyboard. I think holding down the r key pulled up "Apple Hardware Test."

I ran extended testing and got the error code above: 4SNS/1/40000001: IDOR-0.000

I'm not sure but think my computer is now out of warranty. Anything I can do, other than taking it in for service?

Are you experiencing a problem? Did you try running the test with the power connected?

(4SNS) is a System Sensor error, a direct current error (I)

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test. Let them make a diagnosis and go from there.

check warrantyCheck Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

Error code 4SNS/1/40000001: IDOR-0.000

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.