Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No text sound & Apple watch

Test sound/notification will not sound on my Iphone8 when I have my Apple Watch series 1 on wrist..all regular sound things checked (mute, etc) .. any help appreciated, thank you

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.1

Posted on Jan 20, 2018 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2018 9:38 PM

If this is ‘standard behavior’, this is also sad because I feel that with my Apple Watch (that I received as a Xmas gift) I have taken a step backwards .. I pride myself in responding promptly to texts ... not anymore.. since the sound that I have chosen on my iPhone does not sound announcing a new text, combined with the very low sound from watch, I fail to know that I have received a text until I look at watch or phone .. sad .. whose clever (?) idea was that?!

Sorry for the rant... and if it mattered, to answer your question, I would MUCH rather have the text announcement sound coming from my phone.

once again I would like tI apologize for my tone here ... I really do appreciate the time and information you have provided.

thank you

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2018 9:38 PM in response to MrBill3

If this is ‘standard behavior’, this is also sad because I feel that with my Apple Watch (that I received as a Xmas gift) I have taken a step backwards .. I pride myself in responding promptly to texts ... not anymore.. since the sound that I have chosen on my iPhone does not sound announcing a new text, combined with the very low sound from watch, I fail to know that I have received a text until I look at watch or phone .. sad .. whose clever (?) idea was that?!

Sorry for the rant... and if it mattered, to answer your question, I would MUCH rather have the text announcement sound coming from my phone.

once again I would like tI apologize for my tone here ... I really do appreciate the time and information you have provided.

thank you

No text sound & Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.