Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud says my Apple ID password is incorrect when it’s not

I received a notification on my iPhone that someone in China was trying to use my Apple ID. I changed the password. Next time I tried to use my MacPro I got a message telling me to enter my “password to continue using iCloud on this Mac.”

- I enter the new password and it says “This action could not be completed. Try again.”

- If I try 3 times it tells me to reset my password

- This pop up message won’t go away when I press Cancel. Just won’t go away period.

- I tried to do an update and to turn it off and it tells me to quit “System Preferences”. I quit it and nothing happens.

- I can’t even turn off my computer now.

- I’m unable to do anything.

What to do???

User uploaded file

Posted on Jan 20, 2018 7:13 PM

3 replies

Jan 20, 2018 8:31 PM in response to silkonkel

I was able to force quit System Preferences and do an Update. When it restarted it asked for my Apple ID password again. I entered it and it said it was wrong again. So I skipped this step. I’m able to use my computer now but it’s not connected to my iCloud. Anyone had the same problem where your Apple ID password works in one device but not in other?

iCloud says my Apple ID password is incorrect when it’s not

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.