Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone thinks its in a different country?

Whenever I try to download an app or music it says “wrong country or region”, even though I checked my apple ID and it says United States. the apps were available in the US but I wasnt able to access it. Every time I play music from apple music it pauses and doesnt play. I tried unsubscribing and resubscribing but now it wont let me subscribe because its the wrong country. My subscription ends next month, and I cant even use it. Help?

Posted on Jan 20, 2018 7:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2018 10:18 PM

isabellawess wrote:

... it says “wrong country or region”, even though I checked my apple ID and it says United States.

Would you please tell us the rest of your story instead of requesting us to guess your situation.

If you did all these things, you would not have seen "wrong country or region." So you probably did not do at least one of these. It would be helpful to know what prompted the "wrong country or region" to hear your full story.

• Did you purchase your iPhone in the U.S.?
  • Do you live in the U.S.?
  • Are you using a U.S. cellular carrier?
  • Have you ever taken this iPhone outside the U.S.?
  • Are you currently in the U.S.?
  • Has your Apple ID ever been used outside the U.S.?
  • Are you the only person using your Apple ID?
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2018 10:18 PM in response to isabellawess

isabellawess wrote:

... it says “wrong country or region”, even though I checked my apple ID and it says United States.

Would you please tell us the rest of your story instead of requesting us to guess your situation.

If you did all these things, you would not have seen "wrong country or region." So you probably did not do at least one of these. It would be helpful to know what prompted the "wrong country or region" to hear your full story.

• Did you purchase your iPhone in the U.S.?
  • Do you live in the U.S.?
  • Are you using a U.S. cellular carrier?
  • Have you ever taken this iPhone outside the U.S.?
  • Are you currently in the U.S.?
  • Has your Apple ID ever been used outside the U.S.?
  • Are you the only person using your Apple ID?

Iphone thinks its in a different country?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.