Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac won’t start after updating

Updated to Sierra, big mistake apparently. Mac won’t turn on. I’ve tried all tutorials, including the command/control/shift/power button options and it’s still just a black screen. Took all day to get it to a green light on the charger when there were no issues before. Nothing comes up on the screen, just black. Can’t remove the battery

MacBook Air, MD712LL/A

Posted on Jan 21, 2018 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2018 6:01 AM

I am pretty sure I said at least 3 times the computer is not turning on at all, only black screen. Now I’ve gone two days without a computer that I need badly, because I updated it. Fix the problem and stop asking me if it turns on. It does not turn on! Nothing comes on the screen!

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2018 6:01 AM in response to Luca_65

I am pretty sure I said at least 3 times the computer is not turning on at all, only black screen. Now I’ve gone two days without a computer that I need badly, because I updated it. Fix the problem and stop asking me if it turns on. It does not turn on! Nothing comes on the screen!

Jan 21, 2018 10:07 PM in response to Amdemers

Two possibility, in case you haven’t tried already.

Power on with command+option+P+R to reset parameters ram. Then:

1) Turn on with shift key pressed.(safety mode).

or:

2)Turn on with option/alt key pressed; this start up to a volume (partition) selection, before using the macOS. If this do not start probably there is an he problem.

Jan 22, 2018 1:00 PM in response to Eric Root

How about we STOP THE AUTO REPLIES AND FIX THE ISSUE! That idea won’t work. I just went there. Apple store is tying to charge me FOUR HUNDRED SEVENTY FIVE DOLLARS to send it in and “see” what’s wrong with it. I’m not paying anything when it was APPLE’S update that caused this! There’s no way this should be appropriate when I just bought this computer 4 months ago! Stop treating your customers like nothing. Give me an address of who I can send this to and will FIX it, because Apple is completely responsible for this. Maybe I should include all 4 of my old iPhone, my old MacBook and iPad along with it, as they were all rendered useless after pestering me every two hours to run an update and then they sucked! Fix it!

Jan 22, 2018 8:05 PM in response to Amdemers

If you bought the computer new 4 months ago it should be under warranty. People have posted answers that should have fixed your problem or led to other troubleshooting options. If they didn't, then maybe your computer is having a hardware problem.

Your rant about stop the auto replies serves no purpose.

Good luck on getting any help.

Jan 23, 2018 8:31 AM in response to Eric Root

It’s not under warranty it was refurbished. I know, I’ve heard that already. Apparently $800 for a computer makes it totally worth throwing in the trash after using it for 4 months. I don’t know where Apple thinks that people get all this money to hand over when it was perfectly fine before I installed the operating system. Shame on you Apple. This is the worst and most disgraceful way I could ever have been treated by a company whom I’ve handed thousands and thousands of dollars over to as it is. Disgusting

Mac won’t start after updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.