Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't send iMessage to one person

I have an iPhone X and my sister has an iPhone 6.

Both up to date with iOS

Both have iMessage activated.

We both receive and send iMessages from and to friends but not to each other.

We both rebooted our devices numerous times, turned iMessage off and on again. Signed out and signed back in from our apple IDs a couple of times.

We both have access to Wifi and network data.

We both still have green arrows when sending messages.

iMessage does not work only with each other...

Please help 😟

Posted on Jan 21, 2018 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2018 9:08 AM

Hello lucaskywalker,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're having some trouble sending iMessages to one specific user, and I have some information that may help.

Have a look at the article below for some helpful troubleshooting steps. It focuses on not being able to send at all, but the steps may help resolve a single user issue as well.
If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, check to be sure neither of your has accidentally blocked the other.
Block phone numbers and contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you run into any trouble, please reach out again.
​Best Regards.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2018 9:08 AM in response to lucaskywalker

Hello lucaskywalker,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're having some trouble sending iMessages to one specific user, and I have some information that may help.

Have a look at the article below for some helpful troubleshooting steps. It focuses on not being able to send at all, but the steps may help resolve a single user issue as well.
If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, check to be sure neither of your has accidentally blocked the other.
Block phone numbers and contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you run into any trouble, please reach out again.
​Best Regards.

Can't send iMessage to one person

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.