Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clearing Office font cache in OS 10.13.2

I have font issues in Office 2016, where certain fonts don't display properly anymore after a recent Office upgrade.

I want to clear the Office font cache but cannot locate it for Office 2016 in 10.3.2.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Mac Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Jan 22, 2018 6:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2018 9:11 AM

I don't think there is a separate font cache for Office 2016. You could trying clearing all font cache data from the drive.

Close all running applications. From an administrator account, open the Terminal app and enter the following command. You can also copy/paste it from here into the Terminal window:

sudo atsutil databases -remove

Terminal will then ask for your admin password. As you type, it will not show anything, so be sure to enter it correctly.

This command removes all font cache files. Both for the system and the current logged in user account. After running the command, close Terminal and immediately restart your Mac.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2018 9:11 AM in response to beheathcote

I don't think there is a separate font cache for Office 2016. You could trying clearing all font cache data from the drive.

Close all running applications. From an administrator account, open the Terminal app and enter the following command. You can also copy/paste it from here into the Terminal window:

sudo atsutil databases -remove

Terminal will then ask for your admin password. As you type, it will not show anything, so be sure to enter it correctly.

This command removes all font cache files. Both for the system and the current logged in user account. After running the command, close Terminal and immediately restart your Mac.

Clearing Office font cache in OS 10.13.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.