Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch stuck in airplane mode. I have held lower Swithboard down on its charger but cannot get it to power off so I can re -pair with phone. I have force tapped it over and over. Any other way to get the airplane mode off? It is off on my phone

Can’t get the iwatch to power off when on charger so I can try-pair with phone. Stuck in airplane mode. Is there another way?

iPhone 4S, Mac OS X (10.6.8), need to re-register new phone

Posted on Jan 22, 2018 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2018 10:10 AM

Hi

It is possible for turning on Airplane Mode to be mirrored between devices, but the same does not apply for turning off Airplane Mode, which must be done separately on each.

To change the setting for mirroring the turning on of Airplane Mode:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > General > Airplane Mode - enable or disable Mirror iPhone, as preferred.

To turn on / off Airplane Mode on your Apple Watch:

If your Apple Watch is locked by a passcode and cannot be unlocked via the normal process, then follow these steps to erase your Apple Watch and re-pair it with your iPhone:

• Connect your Apple Watch to its charging cable, connected to power.
  • Whilst keeping the Apple Watch on the charger and connected to power:
    • Press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider.
    • Press firmly on Power Off (do not try to slide it - just press down more firmly than a normal tap), release your finger and then tap on Erase all content and settings and confirm when prompted.
  • Re-pair the watch using the Watch app on your iPhone, choosing to Restore from Backup if offered the option.

More information:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you forgot the passcode for your Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2018 10:10 AM in response to jimfromcounce

Hi

It is possible for turning on Airplane Mode to be mirrored between devices, but the same does not apply for turning off Airplane Mode, which must be done separately on each.

To change the setting for mirroring the turning on of Airplane Mode:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > General > Airplane Mode - enable or disable Mirror iPhone, as preferred.

To turn on / off Airplane Mode on your Apple Watch:

If your Apple Watch is locked by a passcode and cannot be unlocked via the normal process, then follow these steps to erase your Apple Watch and re-pair it with your iPhone:

• Connect your Apple Watch to its charging cable, connected to power.
  • Whilst keeping the Apple Watch on the charger and connected to power:
    • Press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider.
    • Press firmly on Power Off (do not try to slide it - just press down more firmly than a normal tap), release your finger and then tap on Erase all content and settings and confirm when prompted.
  • Re-pair the watch using the Watch app on your iPhone, choosing to Restore from Backup if offered the option.

More information:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you forgot the passcode for your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Watch stuck in airplane mode. I have held lower Swithboard down on its charger but cannot get it to power off so I can re -pair with phone. I have force tapped it over and over. Any other way to get the airplane mode off? It is off on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.