Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to create a new Apple ID

I am attempting to create a new Apple ID, so that I can create a developer account and get an APNS certificate for my companies MDM solution.

When I try to register my work email address, I am prompted to compete the email verification step, but when I enter the code I just get 'An unknown error has occurred'. If I inspect the browser console, I can see the following HTTP 400 response from appleid.apple.com/account

```{

"service_errors" : [ {

"code" : "-34607001",

"title" : "Could Not Create Account",

"message" : "An unknown error has occurred."

} ],

"hasError" : true

}```

Suggestions welcome. Annoyingly, I did see a colleague successfully complete Apple ID Registration on their new phone about 4 hours ago... I've been trying for about an hour so far, no luck.

Posted on Jan 22, 2018 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2018 5:56 AM

Having spoken to support: This is currently an issue at Apple. It seems to be domain dependant, and attempting to create an Apple ID will fail for lots of domain names. Common shared platforms (i.e., gmail.com) seem to be fine.

Workaround: Create an Apple ID with a Gmail Account. Then go back into the Apple Account and change the email address to the correct domain: i.e., create it with `someuser@gmail.com`, then change it later to `someuser@example.com`...

Awaiting a more permanent fix.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2018 5:56 AM in response to mudgewah

Having spoken to support: This is currently an issue at Apple. It seems to be domain dependant, and attempting to create an Apple ID will fail for lots of domain names. Common shared platforms (i.e., gmail.com) seem to be fine.

Workaround: Create an Apple ID with a Gmail Account. Then go back into the Apple Account and change the email address to the correct domain: i.e., create it with `someuser@gmail.com`, then change it later to `someuser@example.com`...

Awaiting a more permanent fix.

Jan 22, 2018 10:12 AM in response to mudgewah

Try booting into another admin user account and see if you can create the ID there. You can also try the Safe Mode.

Safe Mode - About El Capitan
also Sierra

Safe Mode Startup – El Capitan. also Sierra

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. On the screen with Options, please open Options and check the bottom 2 boxes before running. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Unable to create a new Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.