Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where in the world is "HappyFingers" app?

AppleCare replaced my iPhone6. Yay! but also Boo! The restore didn't give me back my "HappyFingers" app (which I paid for by the way). So I was going to reinstall it. But its NO LONGER IN THE STORE! The website "happyfingersapp.com" is also gone. So... this begs the question "Where in the work is my "HappyFingers" app?

And to Apple.com I'd like to say "Come ON!!!" When your customers have paid you for an app, could you at least give us a heads up BEFORE you take a purchased app off-line ???????????????????

If you would, then we could make a backup on local drive or something similar.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.4

Posted on Jan 22, 2018 1:32 PM

6 replies

Jan 23, 2018 2:34 PM in response to Audio Tube

When you gave Apple your iPhone 6 phone were you still on iOS 10.3.3? If you were, you likely were upgraded to iOS 11 on the replacement phone. And for a long time before iOS 11 was introduced, Apple told app developers they had to upgrade their apps from 32 bit to 64 bit architecture. If the App developer chose not to update their app, it simply won't work on the new iOS and that would likely be why it's no longer in the App Store. On another note, every time you opened that app during the same time frame, you got a warning that the app would not work when the update was released. You just may not have paid any attention to the warning. But this not Apple's fault in the least. It's the fault of the app developer who abandoned their customers.

Jan 24, 2018 1:54 PM in response to lobsterghost1

I'm NOT at ver. 11. I disagree that its not Apple's fault simply because Apple should have a working version for me somewhere to download as it should with all paid apps. If Apple had not abandoned the [ *.ipa ] I could have a copy on my own hard-disk drive and install it from Itunes. Apple is not making me a "happy camper" as this issue hss recurred on several other apps. I'm not fond of the "iOS update of month" club, as it were, either.

Thanks for your reply.

Jan 24, 2018 1:58 PM in response to Audio Tube

If you're not on iOS 11 and the app is no longer in the store then the App developer abandoned the App. Apple can't have a working version of a 3rd party app for you. They don't own the source code or have control over what a 3rd party does with the code. Apple simply brokered a deal whereby you purchased an app through their store, but they don't own the app or have any ability to maintain it post letting you purchase the app. This is no different in the Android Store or even the Microsoft store, for that matter.

Jan 24, 2018 1:59 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

I'm in the dark about all of it. That should not be so, yeah? Apple (and/or developer also) could have notified me they were pulling the app and allow me to have/download a working copy i.e., (happy_fingers.ipa), so as to give me service as their customer. Apple is a jolly green giant and customers better not get in their way. <- feelings. nothing more than feelings... I'm just about done with Apple; waiting on "the last straw".

Thanks.

Where in the world is "HappyFingers" app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.