Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why do my photos have a exclamation mark on the bottom right corner?

All of my photos have an exclamation mark on them and they are blury. They won’t “load “ and I cannot send them or upload them to social media. I deleted multiple apps from my phone and some photos but they still won’t load. I’m still able to take pictures though. I tried holding the home & power button to reset my phone and changed the optimize photo settings. I don’t know what else to do, it’s so frustrating!

Posted on Jan 22, 2018 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2018 6:06 AM

sydneyynoelleexo699403,

The exclamation mark just means that the photo is not the original and is just a thumb-nail. In your case it probably means that the original is stored in iCloud.

When you double click on the photo, it should download the original from the cloud. If you won't download it may mean that you are not logged in on the same Apple Id as the iCloud library.

Go to Settings > your-name > iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photo Library. Make sure that it is selected.

See the links below for details.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/explore/taking-managing-photos

Get help with missing photos

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2018 6:06 AM in response to sydneyynoelleexo699403

sydneyynoelleexo699403,

The exclamation mark just means that the photo is not the original and is just a thumb-nail. In your case it probably means that the original is stored in iCloud.

When you double click on the photo, it should download the original from the cloud. If you won't download it may mean that you are not logged in on the same Apple Id as the iCloud library.

Go to Settings > your-name > iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photo Library. Make sure that it is selected.

See the links below for details.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/explore/taking-managing-photos

Get help with missing photos

why do my photos have a exclamation mark on the bottom right corner?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.