Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart Keyboard 10.5 disconnects so often

Hi,

I’m using Smart Keyboard 10.5” with iPad Pro 10.5. The Keyboard is disconnected so often even when I’m typing it. I had to remove the keyboard from the iPad Pro and connect them again to get it working but the problem still going then.I tried updating the Keyboard firmware but there is no new firmware.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 11.2.2

Posted on Jan 22, 2018 5:27 PM

3 replies

Jan 27, 2018 7:57 AM in response to TaiHT

Hmmmm. This seems to be a different issue to one I have isolated as a ‘bug’. For me, any time I have to log in to a wifi connection, whether the keyboard is attached to my IPad 10.5 or not, the keyboard, as you have noted, becomes disabled from input. I don’t believe that I have had it stop other than in the instance I have noted.

Have you noted this occurring with any other specific (non-random) action? (What app are you using at the time? Does it always occur with this or any specific app? Are you on a WiFi connection that drops you after a period of time when not in use, then re-connects when you return to its use through an auto-connect?)

Have you tried removing the keyboard, wiping the connectors on the keyboard lip and the iPad edge with a clean cloth to see if it is a connection issue?

Have you been in to an Apple Store to connect with a store ‘Genius’ or discussed it with Apple Support?

...J

Smart Keyboard 10.5 disconnects so often

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.