Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How assign names to People in photos

Apple removed the "Add People" button, when you view your People album inside your Photos library.

Online instructions are pathetic. Here's how, now:

Open up your main Photos Library.

Scroll around until you find a photo that you think has people in that you want to assign a name to.

Double click on photo to bring up the single large view.

IF Photos "recognizes" what it determines to be a FACE, then there will be a few fields available to edit names.

Press Enter, when you are done adding in the names that Apple allows you to, and it take you back to the library.

Get used to the fact that Apple will not give you enough fields, to edit in all names for everyone in your photo....

Apple does not like hats.

Apple does not let you assign a name, if your subject is looking down, away, or to the side.....

Apple is not bright enough to apply your names to the several similar photos of a group of people (rapid shoot)

When you open the "People" album to check your work, the names will not be sorted alphabetically as before....

"Select All", followed by "Sort", will not sort your People Photos alphabetically either......

Hopefully, I can find out how to alphabetize all the names of faces I spend a lot of time labeling.......

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Jan 22, 2018 5:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2018 5:45 PM

Hopefully, I can find out how to alphabetize all the names of faces I spend a lot of time labeling.......

Simply drag the albums into the desired order - there is no automatic alpha sort

Apple is not bright enough to apply your names to the several similar photos of a group of people (rapid shoot)

Simply open a face album and scroll down to near the bottom and click "confirm additional photos" and it will present other photos of the person to confirm

LN

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2018 5:45 PM in response to modelapic

Simply drag the albums into the desired order - there is no automatic alpha sort

Simply open a face album and scroll down to near the bottom and click "confirm additional photos" and it will present other photos of the person to confirm

LN

How assign names to People in photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.