Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why I cannot login with iTunes Producer?

No way to login with iTunes Producer. Tried with my 2 Apple ID with no success, no way!!!

iMac (24-inch Mid 2007), OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Jan 23, 2018 2:45 AM

22 replies

Jan 23, 2018 6:01 AM in response to dado2013

Can you sign in to iTunes Connect and have a contract in effect? Make sure your up to date (no blue buttons in Agreements, Tax and Banking)

If yes, see you have Two Factor Authentication or Two Step Verification enabled for your Apple ID, by going to Appleid.apple.com and sign in.

If yes, to either, you will either need to disable 2SV or 2FA, or create an App Specific Password to use to sign in with iTunes Producer, because it does not yet support 2SV or 2FA yet.

Save auto-generated password, so you don’t have to go back and do it again. You can have a total of 25 and revoke them at any time. Use this PE to sign in to iTunes Producer.

For everything else like iBooks Author or iTunes Connect, continue using your normal Apple ID and Password.

Jan 30, 2018 1:39 PM in response to dado2013

1) It does not cost any money to set up an account and sell books on the iBooks Store

2) You purchased iTunesPro, an app distributed by another company (not Apple), called iMusician

3) iTunes Producer is the software you need to upload your books to your account

4) iTunes Producer is Apple Software and FREE to download at THIS LINK

User uploaded file

5) The iTunesPro app you purchased is not needed to upload your books

6) In your screenshot showing iTunes Connect, when signed in to an active iBooks account, will look like this

User uploaded file

7) You will not be able to upload books with iTunes Producer until you have an ACTIVE iBooks account.

8) Click the iBooks icon in your screenshot and you should be able to sign in to your account or set one up.

Jan 27, 2018 12:44 PM in response to dado2013

Are you sure you are talking to the iBooks Support team? They should be able to resolve this for you.

1) You can sign in to iTunes Connect with the Apple ID shown in screenshot? Yes/No

• Agreements, Tax, and Banking is up to date and no Blue buttons = Yes
  • If yes, sign in to AppleID.apple.com and disable Two-Step or Two Factor. You would not have an option to generate App-Specific Password if they were not enabled

2) Open iTunes Producer and try to signing with normal password for Apple ID, not App-Specific

3) If this works great, you can decide if you want to enable 2SV or 2FA later

4) If you can't sign in, got to System Preferences > Users & Groups.

5) Create a new test user (for computer). Don't use Guest.

6) Sign out of current user

7) Sign in to test user account on computer. Skip setting up iCloud. Not needed for this test.

8) Launch iTunes Producer and try to sign in. If you can, quit iTunes Producer and sign out of test user and go to step 9. (If no, you may consider reinstall of iTunes Producer.)

9) Sign in to original user account and try to sign in to iTunes Producer with regular Apple ID password. If it works, you are done.

10) If it does not work, quit iTunes Producer

11) Go to Finder. Select from drop down Menu, Go > Library (you may have to hold Shift or Option key to see Library)

12) In the Library folder, find and open the Preferences folder. Using List View helps

13) Scroll down and locate/delete the files that start with "com.apple.iTunes_Producer":

com.apple.iTunes_Producer.plist

com.apple.iTunes_Producer.LSSharedFileList.plist

14) Launch iTunes Producer and sign in with Apple ID and normal password

Jan 30, 2018 8:42 AM in response to dado2013

My guess is you don't actually have an active iBooks account tied to that Apple ID.

• How about a screenshot of you actually signed in to iTunes Connect?
  • The issues you are having are not accurate and can easily be resolved.
  • Call the correct support number if you really want help - 877-206-2092
  • You have no money invested in iTunes Producer, it's a free app.

Jan 30, 2018 7:12 AM in response to dado2013

There is an official download page for iTunes Producer and it’s simple to find with a three word search, “download iTunes Producer” seriously!!

Why are you not calling Apple rather than making this hard on yourself?

The correct number to call is also easy to find. I’ve already posted it once for you.

Have a great day.

Jan 30, 2018 3:39 PM in response to dado2013

Why are you posting in the iBooks forum then in the first place?

If you do not have a Music account established to deliver content DIRECTLY to Apple, you will not be able to use iTunes Producer.

The same rules apply. No Contract with APPLE, no access to iTunes Connect, no access to iTunes Producer. The only time you'd have access to iTunes Connect if you are an artist, is when you are submitting a claim to manage your profile on Apple Music and post content through Apple Music app or through iTunes (the App) as an artist.

If you have music on iTunes, you most likely had it delivered by one of their partners or aggregators. Only they can modify your content.

If you want to edit your artist image, contact the people you pay to deliver your music to Apple.

If you want to update your bio, contact Apple, I'm sure they can assist you and provide information on how to update your bio.

Feb 3, 2018 1:35 PM in response to dado2013

As I said previously, the only way you are going to manage your music is if you have contracted with Apple to deliver your music directly, and then you would have already had to use iTunes Producer to deliver your music.

The only other way you'd be able to use iTunes Producer is if your Aggregator that delivered your music has added you to the account. Based on your type of questions, I'd say both are unlikely.

iTunes Producer is for music providers that deliver content directly to Apple. If you do not a contract to deliver music, you are waiting your time with iTunes Producer.

On top of that, you are asking about a music related question in the iBooks forum.

Why I cannot login with iTunes Producer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.