Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth keyboard battery exploded or leaked inside compartment.

I have a keyboard that we used often with the pc connected to the tv. After the keyboard stopped working, i thought it was a simple task as replacing the batteries, but ended up using tools to open the battery compartment. Little did i know, the batteries exploded or acid leaked inside the compartment seizing the battery compartment cap (see photos).

I have not checked yet if the keyboard still works with new batteries but it's very much almost done. The keyboard is heavy duty though.

Israel

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Jan 23, 2018 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2018 9:22 AM

iSraelv1 wrote:

I think the batteries we have in the keyboard are Duracell. For me, it's the very first time a battery i own explodes or leaks.

I've had a few things killed by leaking batteries, mostly remotes. Batteries can leak if they're very old or if they're exposed to heat.

8 replies

Jan 23, 2018 8:57 AM in response to iSraelv1

Apple can't guarantee the quality of the batteries unless they are genuine Apple batteries.

If that were the case, do as IdrisSeabright suggests or take the batteries and keyboard to a local store or Authorized Service unit. Batteries do sometimes explode with just the sort of results you have experienced but as I said, that is not Apple's fault.

Jan 23, 2018 9:13 AM in response to seventy one

I think the batteries we have in the keyboard are Duracell. For me, it's the very first time a battery i own explodes or leaks. I am trying to make the keyboard work, took the entire frame out. Apple wont replace the keyboard i believe, so it's pointless to contact them, i have apple batteries, i was tired of waiting for them to be recharged and used another battery brand i had laying around.

bluetooth keyboard battery exploded or leaked inside compartment.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.