Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text message saying Apple ID is locked - but it isn’t

The text on my iPhone 7 says ‘The AppleID associated with this number has been locked for security reasons. Please confirm your details at...’ and then there is some sort of attachment called shortl.pro

I am also using my I’d on my husbands iPhone 6 and three iPads - including my old iPad Air and my new iPad Pro.

Is this a scam?

Posted on Jan 23, 2018 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2018 12:24 PM

Thank you for replying so quickly. I have tested the App Store by buying a free game, it did ask me for the password twice and then the fingerprint, which I had to setup (I don’t find it much use on my iPad, most of the time it doesn’t work!) but I managed to download the game in the end.

it Is a bit worrying to get messages like that on the phone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2018 12:24 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thank you for replying so quickly. I have tested the App Store by buying a free game, it did ask me for the password twice and then the fingerprint, which I had to setup (I don’t find it much use on my iPad, most of the time it doesn’t work!) but I managed to download the game in the end.

it Is a bit worrying to get messages like that on the phone.

Text message saying Apple ID is locked - but it isn’t

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.