Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud payment

I need assistance. Wondering if this happened to anyone else? I received an email saying that I am being charged for iCloud storage, I never ordered a storage plan. Not sure if this is apple or spam?

I've read something about downgrading my update to remove the storage plan option. None of this sounds legit. Is this a new thing apple is doing or is this a hoax from a spammer?

Email came from secure@apple.com...

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 11.2.2

Posted on Jan 23, 2018 12:59 PM

4 replies

Jan 23, 2018 8:15 PM in response to KeJuan87

Scam. Although some of the wording of a "regular" confirmation email from Apple has been lifted, most of it is malarkey. This is what my email from Apple regarding my iCloud Storage payment agreement looks like:

User uploaded file

You can also check to make sure that you do not see an actual charge that corresponds to that email, you can to iTunes on a computer, sign in with your Apple ID, click on Account>View Account, and under Purchase History, click on View All, and check the date that the email states you were billed. If you don't see anything there, then that confirms that it is total spam.

Cheers,

GB

Jan 23, 2018 1:22 PM in response to KeJuan87

It all sounds like baloney to me. Here's an article that provide info on Phishing emails, and reporting them: Identify and report phishing communications - Apple Support

I don't know what you are referring to about "downgrading your update to remove the storage plan option", but I can tell yo that there is nothing that is going to "remove your storage plan option" (whatever that means), and you cannot ever downgrade an Apple update without jailbreaking your device (which you do NOT want to do).

So, I'd report it....

Cheers, 🙂

GB

iCloud payment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.