Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6S is frozen on the "Allow this device to access photos and videos?" dialog box.

My wife's iPhone 6 Plus (iOS 11.2.5) is frozen on the "Allow this device to access photos and videos?" dialog box. I can select "Don't Allow" or "Allow" -- although neither option makes the dialog box go away. I can't power off the device because the "slide to power off" button doesn't recognize input. I can't open the device to change settings, etc. because Touch ID is requiring the passcode, which can't be entered while the "Allow this device . . ." dialog box has focus and is blocking the numeric keypad. I'm stymied on this one. Any thoughts on resolution? Thanks.

User uploaded file

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Jan 23, 2018 4:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2018 10:33 AM

Hi there, DiscoLawyer!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having an issue with your device being frozen and I am more than happy to help out! Check out this article from Apple with the best steps to take If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won‘t turn on or is frozen . The good news is this article will also provide you with the next steps to take if the issue continues after performing the steps listed.

Have a great day!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2018 10:33 AM in response to DiscoLawyer

Hi there, DiscoLawyer!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having an issue with your device being frozen and I am more than happy to help out! Check out this article from Apple with the best steps to take If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won‘t turn on or is frozen . The good news is this article will also provide you with the next steps to take if the issue continues after performing the steps listed.

Have a great day!

iPhone 6S is frozen on the "Allow this device to access photos and videos?" dialog box.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.