Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 11.0.3 bricked macbook pro running Mac OS 10.11.6. Anyone else?

Updating Safari to 11.0.3 through App Store bricked my mid 2009 macbook pro 17" 2.83 GHz running El Capitan 10.11.6. Anyone else have this problem? Was finally able to recover via Disk Warrior on a USB stick and restored OS to previous state through Time Machine.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), 8G RAM

Posted on Jan 23, 2018 9:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply
5 replies

Jan 24, 2018 10:13 AM in response to Michael Kemper

Try running this program in your normal user account, then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. On the screen with Options, please open Options and check the bottom 2 boxes before running. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy Report” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Jan 24, 2018 10:43 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks Eric, I finally booted into a Disk Warrior USB stick and restored the system to a previous state from Time Machine. Then I did a COMPLETE cleaning with Onyx as suggested by someone from a post a year or so ago. Installing Safari 11.0.3 and the Security Update separately in that order has seemed successful, that is I'm booted into my startup drive and things are running. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Safari 11.0.3 bricked macbook pro running Mac OS 10.11.6. Anyone else?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.