Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone died in middle of a call, now can I find who called me when I turn my phone back on?

I am wondering why I pay over $1000 for a phone that can’t even keep track of the current call I am on when it’s (very short lasting) battery dies mid conversation? And why can’t I dial *69? I just have to lose customers because I can’t return calls?

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Jan 25, 2018 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2018 11:35 AM

As with most computing devices, a device shutting down automatically because of low power usually results in lost or unsaved data from active processes. And I’ve never known *69 to ever work on a cell phone. It certainly won’t do anything with an AT&T cell phone and didn’t even work with my first cell phone on Sprint back in 1998. I don’t know of any cellular carrier that bothers to support *69 call backs since your cell phone shows the caller ID anyway unless it’s blocked or private.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2018 11:35 AM in response to Joshshorttattoo

As with most computing devices, a device shutting down automatically because of low power usually results in lost or unsaved data from active processes. And I’ve never known *69 to ever work on a cell phone. It certainly won’t do anything with an AT&T cell phone and didn’t even work with my first cell phone on Sprint back in 1998. I don’t know of any cellular carrier that bothers to support *69 call backs since your cell phone shows the caller ID anyway unless it’s blocked or private.

Jan 25, 2018 11:38 AM in response to Joshshorttattoo

Hi Josh,

I'm wondering why anyone consciously pays that for a phone, to be fair....

However, you can always find your call history by going to your phone app, then recent - two categories show at the top: All or Missed. Choose your selection.

Your carrier should have this option also potentially. When I log into my account, I can view mine.

Lastly, if you know your phone dies quickly, replace the battery, buy a battery pack, or plug it in to avoid losing a call

Take care ~

Phone died in middle of a call, now can I find who called me when I turn my phone back on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.