Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

verification failed this action cannot be completed

when i want to log in to my apple id just tell me verification failed action cannot be completed i will typing a correct password and email how i can fix it ? thanks for helping

User uploaded file

Posted on Jan 25, 2018 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2018 1:56 PM

I have had this issue for several days now myself. It started with my iPhone 6s and now on iTunes as well. After digging through old support posts I found a solution that actually worked. I don't know if it will work for everyone but it did for me and hopefully it will for you guys too.

[POSSIBLE] SOLUTION:

1) Log into appleid.apple.com* (I had to log in on my phone browser as the login page is broken on Chrome on PC [at least for me]).

2) Go into the security section and scroll down to "Two-Factor Authentication" and turn it off/disable it.

3) Follow any prompts (it made me create new security questions) and then wait a minute to make sure the change registers.

4) Try logging back in on your devices.

*If you aren't able to log in to the site, your account may be blocked. There are other posts explaining how to fix that.

Hope this helps.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2018 1:56 PM in response to HaMaBeSt

I have had this issue for several days now myself. It started with my iPhone 6s and now on iTunes as well. After digging through old support posts I found a solution that actually worked. I don't know if it will work for everyone but it did for me and hopefully it will for you guys too.

[POSSIBLE] SOLUTION:

1) Log into appleid.apple.com* (I had to log in on my phone browser as the login page is broken on Chrome on PC [at least for me]).

2) Go into the security section and scroll down to "Two-Factor Authentication" and turn it off/disable it.

3) Follow any prompts (it made me create new security questions) and then wait a minute to make sure the change registers.

4) Try logging back in on your devices.

*If you aren't able to log in to the site, your account may be blocked. There are other posts explaining how to fix that.

Hope this helps.

Jan 29, 2018 12:54 PM in response to HaMaBeSt

I'm having the same problem. It seems to be connected to two factor authentication. As long as its not enabled, I'm able to log in using the Apple ID password. The second I try to enable two factor authentication the message "This action cannot be Completed" comes up when I try to log in to anything connected to my AppleID (iTunes, iBooks, iCloud etc.).

Btw, I've tried to turn off/on my devices, I've removed them from my AppleID web page and logged back in, I've re-formatted my iMac and my MacBook.

The only thing that works is turning off two factor authentication.

It seems that any login that is effected by the two factor authentication (even though its not possible to authenticate that way, e.g. iTunes or Apple account from iOS settings) is blocked by the two factor.

Fix it, Apple. Not at all something I'm expecting from you.

verification failed this action cannot be completed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.