Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi sync from iPhone not showing

Hello,

I'm having a problem using wifi sync from my iPhone menus.

when I go to SETTINGS - GENERAL - iTUNES WIFI SYNC, I see the message that says I have to connect my iPhone to my computer using a wired cable and then check the box that says "Sync with this iPhone over wifi" on iTunes.

The problem is that my iPhone is already recognised on iTunes and I can wirelessly sync it using iTunes (since the above mentioned box is already checked), but it won't show the "Sync now" button on my iPhone to initiate the sync using the iPhone menus.

Does anyone has a clue how to solve this weird problem...?

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Jan 26, 2018 8:47 AM

4 replies

Jan 27, 2018 7:31 AM in response to Yuval23

Hey there, Yuval23.

Congratulations on your new iPhone X! It appears that you're unable to sync your iPhone with iTunes using Wi-Fi, however. I'm happy to help.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes using Wi-Fi

Get help

If you can't set iTunes to sync over Wi-Fi, or if sync doesn't work:

1. Restart your computer and iOS device.
  2. Make sure that your computer and iOS device are on the same Wi-Fi network. Syncing doesn't work over an Ethernet to Wi-Fi connection.
  3. In your firewall settings, make sure that TCP ports 123 and 3689, and UDP ports 123 and 5353 are open. If you need help with this step, contact your computer or router manufacturer or check the instructions for your firewall or security software.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

Wifi sync from iPhone not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.