Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to put your books into iBooks for iOS 11?

After noticing that "Books" (at the same level of control as "Music") has been apparently removed from iTunes for iOS 11, kind of panic'd, since I have some books that I need on my iPad. Not in iCloud, but on my iPad locally. Looked around for how I can put the books that were on my iPad back on it, and the solutions were few and far between, and just about all invalidated by new iOS release changes. So I patched this together from what I found, updated for iOS 11.2.5:

1. Put the books on iCloud Drive. If you have storage limitations, you may have to resort to doing this one at a time.

2. Use the "Files" app to go to iCloud drive.

3. In "Files" app, select the book that you want to put into iBooks.

4. Tap "Share" in the lower left hand corner of the "Files" app, and select "Open in iBooks".

5. This will take you to the iBooks app, with the book open.

6. Tap the "Share" icon on the top left, and select "Copy to iBooks".

7. Profit!

I believe that at this point the book or books that you brought into iBooks are now stored locally on your iPad, so you can remove them from iCloud Drive if you wish or need to. Do keep a copy of them, of course, since you will need to do this again at some point...guaranteed that Apple will create a situation where you need to do this yet again. For me, it was when I got an iPad Pro, and the books from my iPad Air 2 were not restored to the iPad Pro from my iCloud backup when I set it up.

I'm a little miffed at Apple for removing the ability for me to easily put books on my iPad that don't come from the iTunes store, and . It is, after all, my iPad, I paid for it and like to think that I own it and Apple is helping me use it. The above is time-consuming work that should be made easier by the software on the iPad and iTunes, but Apple chooses to make me spend my time going through a mundane set of steps that used to be just plain easy.

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.5, null

Posted on Jan 26, 2018 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2018 11:22 PM

I assume that you’ve tried dragging-and-dropping the books from windows explorer/Finder onto the device in iTunes, did that not copy them into the device’s iBooks app ? Or you could go back to a previous version of iTunes or 12.6.3

Similar questions

7 replies

Jan 31, 2018 12:26 PM in response to RogerSC

This doesn’t work with iOS 11.2.5. In fact it is impossible to add anything to iBooks under this operating system. Apple has become worse than Microsoft with these updates in operating systems. When I got mt new iPad 9.7 at Christmas I swore I’d never upgrade the operating system having learned from my original iPad. Broke my own rule last week. Lesson learned.....NEVER UPGRADE!!!!

Feb 1, 2018 2:47 PM in response to King_Penguin

Are you talking about doing that on my windows computer or the iPad? iTunes isn’t available it seems for iOS 11.2.5. There is an iTunes connect ap I tried but it wouldn’t work. Appreciate your efforts, but think it is hopeless with this iOS.

BTW, yesterday I spent an hour and a half on the phone with Apple support trying to get them to help me get my iCloud documents accessible or to show on my iPad. In the end, he wanted me to call Apple tech support and for $199 a year they could help me. $199 to get my data!!! What a scam iCloud and Apple is!!!

How to put your books into iBooks for iOS 11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.