Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text Message icon shows multiple unread messages

my IPad is showing multiple unread text message. My iPhone is showing it correctly. I have force closed the app by double clicking on the home button and swiping up, I have shut down the iPad and rebooted. None of the above is working.

User uploaded file

iPad 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 27, 2018 5:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2018 8:06 AM

the suggested steps above do not resolve this issue, I believe it happened two IOS updates ago. Running 11.2.5 now - please advise?

2 replies

Jan 27, 2018 5:29 PM in response to Community User

Hi kkstone61,

I see that the badge app icon for Messages isn't properly reflecting that you've read your messages. I'd like to help you get this sorted out.

To be certain that this isn't expected, scroll through your previous conversations in Messages to ensure something wasn't missed. After you've verified this, open Settings > Notifications, then tap "Messages". From here tap on "Badge App Icon" to disable it, then restart your device.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

After your iPad comes back on, head back to the same place and re-enable this feature to see if the issue persists.

Cheers.

Text Message icon shows multiple unread messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.