Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule Blinking Amber Light

I have a 2T time capsule. The installation over 6 months ago went fine and backups are impecable done. However, lately, on occasions I get a blinking amber light. What I do is unplug and replug the capsule electrical cord and the solid green light comes back.

I suppose there is got to be a better way to get rid of the blinking light.

Any suggestions?

Airport Time Capsule-OTHER, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Jan 27, 2018 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2018 7:48 AM

The blinking amber light indicates that the Time Capsule has a message for you. To see what it might be......

Open AirPort Utility on your Mac (Finder > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility)

Click on the picture of the Time Capsule, and a smaller window will appear with more information

If you see an Update button, click it to update the firmware on the Time Capsule

User uploaded file

Otherwise, look for Status, and click on the small amber dot there. Another message will appear with information about the "issue" and suggestions to fix things.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2018 7:48 AM in response to jlmrod

The blinking amber light indicates that the Time Capsule has a message for you. To see what it might be......

Open AirPort Utility on your Mac (Finder > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility)

Click on the picture of the Time Capsule, and a smaller window will appear with more information

If you see an Update button, click it to update the firmware on the Time Capsule

User uploaded file

Otherwise, look for Status, and click on the small amber dot there. Another message will appear with information about the "issue" and suggestions to fix things.

Time Capsule Blinking Amber Light

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.