Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth not working

Hi,

A few days ago, there was a problem with bluetooth. It said "bluetooth not available", and after reading in this discussion group, I deleted the .plist, shut down the comp and everything. After that, the problem was gone, it reconnected well, and I could play music through my little bluetooth speaker. Even last night, it worked.

Now, today, there's no sign of life. If I go to the icon in the menubar, it only says Bluetooth on or off, and "go to bluet preferences". It doesn't show any devices.

In the System preferences, it showed the device (jbl go) saying "not connected" and it also showed some unknown devices with codes like a6-3d-b7 and other telephone numberlike info. I deleted the jbl go hoping to realign.

But now, the speaker doesn't show up anymore, and even stranger: there is no com.apple.bluetooth plist at all in the library prefs.

What can I do???

thanks in advance

macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Jan 27, 2018 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2018 3:46 PM

But I have none of the symptoms listed on that page!
Actually I think it has something to do with High Sierra. After installing that, lots of stuff messed up.
I had to buy extra RAM suggested by people here; I went from 4 to 8 MB and can't have more.

Just now, after restarting the computer, when opening Firefox it said I was opening Firefox for the first time on this computer whereas it has been opened many times, also after the RAM update.

When I was using other programs, they quit suddenly.
It's very weird.

Why doesn't the comp see my speaker? It's right next to it, it is charged, and it was fine last night?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2018 3:46 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

But I have none of the symptoms listed on that page!
Actually I think it has something to do with High Sierra. After installing that, lots of stuff messed up.
I had to buy extra RAM suggested by people here; I went from 4 to 8 MB and can't have more.

Just now, after restarting the computer, when opening Firefox it said I was opening Firefox for the first time on this computer whereas it has been opened many times, also after the RAM update.

When I was using other programs, they quit suddenly.
It's very weird.

Why doesn't the comp see my speaker? It's right next to it, it is charged, and it was fine last night?

bluetooth not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.