Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch has a red X top center - How do I reconnect to the cellular network?

I have a red X top center of my series 3 Apple watch. I just learned this indicates it has lost connection with the cellular network. My phone shows a strong connection. How can I reconnect my watch?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 27, 2018 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2018 12:42 PM

Good afternoon carmen tam,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are seeing a red X on your Apple Watch series 3. That indicates that your Apple Watch has lost connection with your iPhone. The resource below explains how to reestablish the connection. I've highlighted some key information here for you. Click on the links for complete details.
About Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and cellular on your Apple Watch

Check the connection between your devices

There are two ways to check the connection between your Apple Watch and iPhone:

• If you see User uploaded file or User uploaded file on the watch face, you don't have a connection.
  • Swipe up on the watch face to open Control Center, which shows if your devices are connected. You can also tap User uploaded file. If connected, your iPhone should make a "ping" sound.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Enjoy your day!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2018 12:42 PM in response to carmen tam

Good afternoon carmen tam,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are seeing a red X on your Apple Watch series 3. That indicates that your Apple Watch has lost connection with your iPhone. The resource below explains how to reestablish the connection. I've highlighted some key information here for you. Click on the links for complete details.
About Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and cellular on your Apple Watch

Check the connection between your devices

There are two ways to check the connection between your Apple Watch and iPhone:

• If you see User uploaded file or User uploaded file on the watch face, you don't have a connection.
  • Swipe up on the watch face to open Control Center, which shows if your devices are connected. You can also tap User uploaded file. If connected, your iPhone should make a "ping" sound.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Enjoy your day!

My Apple Watch has a red X top center - How do I reconnect to the cellular network?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.