Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

tracks separate from rest of album

why do some tracks download separately from the rest of the album and how do I fix it?

Posted on Jan 28, 2018 4:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2018 5:37 AM

I’ve found that sometimes happens when the artists are different....so Jane sings 10 songs, but Jane and Mary sing 2, and iTunes pulls out the Jane and Mary ones. YOu can go in and edit the information for the tracks to make them the same as the rest to get iTunes to put them all together.

I’ve also changed albums to ‘various artists’, which does eliminate your ability to make a playlist by artist but groups the songs all together by the album.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2018 5:37 AM in response to rmi6921

I’ve found that sometimes happens when the artists are different....so Jane sings 10 songs, but Jane and Mary sing 2, and iTunes pulls out the Jane and Mary ones. YOu can go in and edit the information for the tracks to make them the same as the rest to get iTunes to put them all together.

I’ve also changed albums to ‘various artists’, which does eliminate your ability to make a playlist by artist but groups the songs all together by the album.

tracks separate from rest of album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.