Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple product security breach robocall

I have an iPhone, a MacBook Air and a mini-Mac. I received two robocalls that suggested that a security breach had been detected in an i-cloud account, affecting all Apple devices, that I should contact support. The call offered an opportunity to connect with support directly by pressing one. This sounds bogus. Is it?

Mac mini (Late 2014)

Posted on Jan 28, 2018 7:42 AM

3 replies

Jan 28, 2018 7:47 AM in response to joanfromdeland

Joan,

Apple will never "Cold Call" a customer. Block the number...do not call back it is "bogus."

According to: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

"Scammers spoof phone numbers and use flattery and threats to pressure you into giving them information, money, and even iTunes gift cards. Always verify the caller's identity before you provide any personal information. If you get an unsolicited call from someone claiming to be from Apple, hang up and contact us directly."

User uploaded file

Apple product security breach robocall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.