Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Mid-2012 to run High Sierra

will i be afraid of upgrading my mid-2012 macbook pro OS to high sierra?

i already upgraded my hardware from 4gig memory to 8 gig memory, and from 500gig hdd spinner drive to 500 gig sdd drive.

will my macbook runs the high sierra smoothly with such hardware upgrade? or will i stay foot on el capitan?

MacBook Pro, iOS 10

Posted on Jan 28, 2018 9:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2018 10:45 PM

hello redhawksniper,

I am a Macbook pro 2011 15 inch user and i have 4 gigs of ram and 500gb hdd with i7 8 core processor.

it is not upgraded but it run like a beast on HIGH SIERRA and i think with the upgrades you suggested the mid 2012 Macbook pro will run like charm.

and a tip: the updates will keep you secure your upcoming problems in the MacOS updates

Thanks for contacting apple community.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2018 10:45 PM in response to redhawksniper

hello redhawksniper,

I am a Macbook pro 2011 15 inch user and i have 4 gigs of ram and 500gb hdd with i7 8 core processor.

it is not upgraded but it run like a beast on HIGH SIERRA and i think with the upgrades you suggested the mid 2012 Macbook pro will run like charm.

and a tip: the updates will keep you secure your upcoming problems in the MacOS updates

Thanks for contacting apple community.

Jan 29, 2018 8:20 AM in response to redhawksniper

I add my vote of confidence. I have a mid-2012 13-inch non-Retina MBP with the entry-level 2.5 ghz i5 processor and 8GB RAM. I upgraded to High Sierra 10.13 while the computer still had its slow 500GB rotational drive. The computer ran exactly the same speed as it did with Sierra 10.12. Then I upgraded to a 500GB SATA 6Gbps SSD and this little computer runs like something new. Everything happens fast now.

Jan 29, 2018 9:02 AM in response to Allan Jones

Allan Jones wrote:

I add my vote of confidence. I have a mid-2012 13-inch non-Retina MBP with the entry-level 2.5 ghz i5 processor and 8GB RAM. I upgraded to High Sierra 10.13 while the computer still had its slow 500GB rotational drive. The computer ran exactly the same speed as it did with Sierra 10.12. Then I upgraded to a 500GB SATA 6Gbps SSD and this little computer runs like something new. Everything happens fast now.

I just got an SSD and I'm a believer now. I remember someone posting here stating that an SSD may mask problems, I suppose by blowing right past the problems with brute force. At this point I'm all for brute force.

Macbook Pro Mid-2012 to run High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.