Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleting photos from iPhone 5s

in settings my iPhone 5s says that I can delete photos from phone without removing them from other devices is this true?

iPhone 5s, iOS 11.2.2

Posted on Jan 29, 2018 5:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2018 9:28 AM

If you are NOT using iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone, that is true. iCloud Photo Library automatically keeps every photo and video you take in iCloud, so you can access your library from any device, anytime you want. Any changes you make to your collection on one device (including deletes), change on your other devices too (and in iCloud).

iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2018 9:28 AM in response to nicholasfromflorida

If you are NOT using iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone, that is true. iCloud Photo Library automatically keeps every photo and video you take in iCloud, so you can access your library from any device, anytime you want. Any changes you make to your collection on one device (including deletes), change on your other devices too (and in iCloud).

iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

Jan 29, 2018 9:40 AM in response to javaliga

Thank you for confirming my understanding that deleting the photos on my iPhone would also delete them on my other devices. Do you have any idea of what I can do? I am using iCloud on my iPhone and my other MacBook pros (2). Do I download them onto my iPhone from the cloud and then get off of iCloud and the get off of iCloud with photos? Then can I delete them without deleting them from my other devices? Thank you for helping me 🙂

deleting photos from iPhone 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.